No. The Building Trades of Alberta Charitable Foundation is not a registered Charity and therefore we cannot administer tax receipts. We are a Fundraising Foundation which means every cent we raise from A.G.L.C. Charitable Gaming events (50/50, Brass Pools, Harley
YES! The Building Trades of Alberta Charitable Foundation's goal is to support as many Albertans as possible. If your organization has been approved in the past this means we already know the great work you do in our Communities, and
Our Volunteer Board of Directors meets quarterly. Any donation requests received in the respective quarter will be reviewed in full. If a donation request requires more information or explanation, the applicant will be contacted for clarification, and the donation request
Raffle ticket purchases are not considered to be charitable donations and are therefore not tax deductible.
Raffle winnings are not considered to be taxable income in Canada.
When someone wins one of our raffles they receive 70% of the total proceeds of the raffle. The Foundation receives the remaining 30% and the funds are dispersed to various organizations; therefore, you are not eligible for a tax receipt
The Foundation is considered to be a non-profit society that distributes grants to various groups. The Foundation is not a registered charity and therefore cannot issue tax receipts to donors.